Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 1 EOC

To me, music is one of the most important medias in our universe. It teaches us about what’s going on at the time and it shows what the musician is feeling. I feel as though music is one of the many outlets to show any emotion, whether it be anger, happiness, sadness, troubles, reality, fantasy, addiction, relief, and any other emotion you can think of. As long as you are speaking the truth about everything and you are portraying what you’ve seen then your going to be ok. My favorite music is hip-hop music. Why? There is literally too many reasons to list. Mostly because the rawness of it. It can be really gritty while still being happy. It can be really happy while still being angry. It is pure poetry and shows the trials and tribulations of the rapper at the moment while it also shows how that rapper thinks. The production style is like no other. It can incorporate samples, synthesizers, live instruments, singing, yelling, chanting, call-and-response, along with any other instrument used in any other type of music. I have something big to say to this world, and I believe that no matter how people respond to it, as long as I say exactly how I feel at all moments, and make good music, then that’s all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment