Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 2 EOC

I have an extreme sneaker obsession and am the kind of guy to wait in line for one pair. Air Jordans are my particular favorite and recently (December 23, 2009) Jordan Brand released a very exclusive pair known as the Space Jam 11s. I literally salivated at the thought of owning them and was at the mall at 6 in the morning. I waited and waited and waited and finally I see people walking out with boxes. I run inside and go directly to Finshline, assuming everyone would be at Footlocker. When I get there, the guy smiles and asked if I was there for the Space Jams, which just led to a sarcastic remark I held to myself. He asked my size, and went to the back and told me they didn’t have my size, but called Footlocker down a couple hundred feet from the store. He said, since he felt so bad, he would have them hold a pair and he would personally cover the tax (which is 15 dollars). I got my sneakers at Footlocker, but Finishline is my new sneaker store because of that man. On a sour note of customer service, I once bought a hoodie from a store (no names because it was the worker not the stores fault) and brought it home. I took it out the bag and noticed it had a black splotch on it around the pocket. I bring it back and the guy insists it was my fault, pointing at it with black stained fingers. He says he couldn’t do anything about it and I ask for the manager. The manager comes out and I tell him what’s going on, while pointing out the workers fingers and the manager apologizes and offers me an exchange plus an extra item to make up for the inconvenience. The next time I went to that store, I noticed that same employee wasn’t there.

No comments:

Post a Comment